Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Chocolates, Hearts and Overpriced Flowers

I am going to come across as a cynical twisted old crow of a woman when you read this but those who know me know that this cannot be further from the truth. I absolutely hate Valentine's Day and I feel like a romantic leper if I announce this in company because everyone else in the world seems to find it fantastic. Except of course if you are single, widowed or suffering a break up - then you probably hate it as much as I do!
The weird thing is that whether I am loved up or single, I have always felt the same about Valentine's Day because I think it forces such false emotion between couples. Some women I know only get flowers once a year and that once falls on February 14th. It is hardly a surprise gesture when you are expecting it! The other 364 days a year, their partners fail to show any romance but suddenly feel compelled to turn into the milk tray man and join the masses of Valentine's day. It is ludicrous to force such behaviours but year upon year, the general public are sucked into paying for overpriced roses. Check my article out for a jumbo sized rant about why I think Valentine's Day is nothing to celebrate...

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed